1. What is Brimstone Recreation?
“It’s truly the Disneyland for OHV enthusiasts, and some of the trails ought to have names like Space Mountain or Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride.” Dirt Wheels Magazine
- Brimstone Recreation, LLC manages and promotes the recreational use of over 19,196 acres nestled in the remote wilds of Northeast Tennessee and located in the Heart of Appalachia. We have over 300 miles of OHV trails and roads with numerous overlooks and culture exploration points of interest. Brimstone Recreation, LLC is an outdoor recreation company offering the adventure seeker the ultimate outdoor experience. Brimstone is committed to preserving nature through good stewardship and sharing nature with thousands of outdoor enthusiasts who seek to experience adventure in its purest environment. We offer outdoor enthusiasts the opportunity to explore the untamed wilderness of the Appalachian Mountains while enjoying a wide array of recreational activities such as:
- ATV & SXS Riding
- River Sports
2. What is Brimstone Retreats?
- Brimstone Retreats is THE place to stay when coming to ride the nationally recognized Brimstone Recreation trails. All of our guests enjoy direct access to the trail system from their cabin or campground spot. We are the official lodging for Brimstone Recreation. With ever expanding accommodations, Brimstone Retreats offers all types of sites from tent, RV and cabins. Each offering a wide range of amenities that you will not find anywhere else. We are an authorized vendor of Brimstone permits & souvenirs. Brimstone Retreats has everything you need to hit the trails running.
- Our cabins are much more than just a place to lay your head at night, these cabins provide you with a place to call your home away from home. Your lodging accommodation is a very important part of your getaway, so trust us to make sure that every aspect of your stay is just perfect! Whether you are getting away for relaxation or the thrill of riding the trails you will enjoy the beautiful scenery, southern hospitality and peaceful atmosphere. Brimstone Retreats is your home for the ULTIMATE ATV and Camping Adventure!
3. Why Brimstone Retreats?
- A premiere portfolio of private cabins, RV rentals, and full-service campground
- Experienced staff/ specialists who know the cabins, and will put you in the one that works best for you
- Our Concierge travel team will arrange ATV rentals, catered meals, babysitters, private chefs, water sports, and even Christmas trees!
4. Who do I contact to make a reservation?
- Call our reservation desk at 865.617.8127.
- All year: Sunday-Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- The Brimstone Cabins and Campground are located in the town of Huntsville, TN off of Highway 63. The town of Huntsville is an ATV friendly town which means you are able to ride on all of the back roads from the cabins and campground to reach your destination. You can ride your off road vehicle from the time you get here until it’s time to go home. You may not ride on any major highways. Please respect the local law enforcement by keeping your speed down and no hot rodding through town.
6. How do I pay for my vacation?
- We accept Cash, Check, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. There is a 3% additional charge if using a credit card.
- At the time of booking your stay we require a credit card to hold on file for cancellation reasons. Your one night deposit will be taken one month before your arrival date. Your credit card will be charged for the remainder at time of check in.
- Guests assume responsibility to care for unit, furnishings and amenities. Charges for damages, breakage, loss, excluding normal wear and tear, will appear on final statement.
*Rates do not include tax, pet fees, cleaning fee, special request items, ATV rentals, or daily permit fees.
7. What if I have to modify or cancel my stay?
- Our cancellation policy for reservations allows for you to make date changes or cancellations for a $25 processing fee any time up until one month prior to your arrival date. Once within that one month period, your cancellation will result in a one night fee. Once within a week period before your arrival date, your cancellation will result in the full amount of your stay. Once you have arrived, Brimstone Retreats considers your reservation a mutual commitment. Should you wish to leave prior to the agreed upon departure date, you will be responsible for the remaining reserved room night(s) charge and tax.
8. When and where do I check in? Check in is between 3pm & 5 pm. Check in at the Brimstone Headquarters
- On the day of planned arrival, Call 1.800.BRIMSTONE by 5:00PM if your schedule changes and you need different check-in time/arrangements. If checking in after hours, we will leave a map and key in the late check in box.
9. When and where do I check out?
- Check out time is by 11:00AM on your day of departure. Keys are to be dropped off at the Brimstone Headquarters on HWY 63.
10. Can I get cell service on premises?
- Cell service is very limited in the mountains. However, most of the cabins do have cell phone service especially when you have Verizon or AT&T as your cell phone carrier.
11. Do you have access to the internet?
- Yes, wireless internet is available in the rental for an extra $25 one time fee. The wireless device is only intended for checking e-mail or other small tasks. The device cannot be used for watching videos. Max usage is .5 GB. There will be extra charges for excess GB usage that result in overages. It is on a first come first serve basis.
12. Are TV and DVD available?
- Yes, there is Satellite or Cable TV and most cabins have DVD players, check listing to verify in the cabin you are staying in.
13. Are you pet friendly?
- Not so crazy about tarantulas, ferrets, monkeys or cats, but most cabins do accommodate small dogs. Pets are not allowed in All Nighter, Hoot 1 & 2, and Grandma and Grandpas. There is a non- refundable pet fee of $25 per pet, plus an extra $25 cleaning fee. Plus guest is subject to charges for damages or forfeiture of damage deposit. Prior notification is required in order to bring your dog on the property. Pets must be contained in a crate when guest(s) is not occupying the Rental Cabin or Rental RV. The damage deposit will be forfeited if any evidence that an undeclared pet was present in the cabin. Never leave pets unattended. Please clean up pet waste.
14. Do you have a damage deposit?
- Yes, a damage deposit is required on all rentals. The Damage Deposit is required on a major credit card at check in. Most cabins have a one night damage deposit hold; however, our luxury cabins (All Nighter, Hoot 1, and Hoot 2) have a $500 damage deposit hold. The damage deposit is fully refundable after rental if no damages to property and furnishings are incurred. Guest(s) acknowledge(s) Brimstone Retreats authority to keep damage deposit obtained at check-in and/or charge Guest’s credit card for damage to the Rental Cabin or Rental RV occupied by Guest(s), Guest’s family, and Guest’s invitees. If there is damage to the Rental Cabin or Rental RV or its content/property, including but not limited to unintentional and incidental damage, intentional damage, theft, or damage requiring excessive cleaning following Guest’s departure, Guest(s) will be notified of the cost related to any excessive cleaning or repairs and the amount will be taken from the damage deposit and/or charged to Guest’s credit card. All of our cabins are NON-SMOKING. The damage deposit will be automatically forfeited if any evidence that the smoke-free policy has been violated or any evidence that an undeclared pet was present in the cabin.
15. Can I bring my ATV/SXS?
- ATV/SXSs are welcome.
16. What do you have to rent?
- If you would like to rent a ATV/SXS, canoe, kayak or tube call 1.800.BRIMSTONE.
- Canoe and Kayak rates: 25.00 per person +tax
- Tubes: Half day 10.00 +tax, Full day 20.00 +Tax
17. How much is the cleaning fee?
- The cleaning fee is $50.00 per rental. This is mainly to wash linens and towels, sanitize facilities, and tidy up cabin. Excessive mud present in the cabin will result in an additional $50 cleaning fee.
- There is a 9.25% state tax as well as a 5% local hotel tax. There is a 3% charge if you are using a credit card.
19. Can I swim in the river or pond?
- Swim at your own risk. No jumping from the bridge or rocks. There is no lifeguard on duty.
20. Do you accommodate smoking?
- Sorry, we are a non-smoking facility. You are able to smoke on all outdoor porches. Please dispose of your cigarette buds in a respectful manner. The damage deposit will be automatically forfeited if any evidence that the smoke-free policy has been violated.
21. Where is the closest convenience store?
- Lee’s Gas Station is located on HWY 63 about 5-10 minutes away.
22. Where is the closest grocery store?
- Scenic Foods is on HWY 63, and Helenwood Foods is located on HWY 27. There is also a Super Wal-mart in the town of Oneida, TN.
23. How do I get to BRIMSTONE Headquarters? 2860 Baker Hwy, Huntsville, TN 37756
- From I-75
- Take exit 141 towards Oneida.
- Take 63 until you get into Huntsville.
- Travel 15.8 miles and Brimstone Recreation’s Office is on the left.
- From Hwy 27
- Turn on to Hwy 63.
- Travel 3 miles and Brimstone Recreation’s Office will be on the right.
- Brimstone Recreation, 2860 Baker Hwy., Huntsville, TN 37756.
Other Questions? [email protected] 1.800.BRIMSTONE